Help With Heating Bills





New Hampshire Fuel Assistance Program.

The New Hampshire Fuel Assistance Program (FAP) is the states version of the federal government funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Block Grant (LIHEAP). The FAP is funded by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. The New Hampshire Office of Energy and Planning’s (OEP) administers the program locally for the state.

People can apply for the program starting in November of each year. As funds become available for applicants, the Fuel Assistance Program provides benefits to low and moderate income New Hampshire households to assist them with paying heating bills. Both homeowners and renters are eligible for aid from the Fuel Assistance Program.

OEP in turn contracts with six local Community Action Agencies (also known as CAAs) to provide service to eligible households.

The amount of assistance an applicant can receive varies. However, total Fuel Assistance grants paid out to an applicant can be anywhere from $120 to $1,000. On average, each person receives $500. Your total household income as well as the amount of your heating bills will be the key criteria is establishing the amount of aid you will receive.

If interested in applying or learning more, you need to apply at one of six community action agencies. The contact information is below.





Belknap and Merrimack County families and individuals
Community Action Program Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc. 603-225-6880

Rockingham County Residents:
Rockingham Community Action, Inc. 1-800-639-3896

Hillsborough County individuals
Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. 1-877-211-0723

Cheshire & Sullivan County Residents:
Southwestern Community Services 1-800-529-0005

Strafford County Residents:
Strafford County Community Action 603-749-1334

Coos, Carroll and Grafton County families
Tri-County Community Action 1-888-842-3835




Custom Search


[Home] [State Programs] [Thermostats] [Heating Oil Plans] [Weatherization] [Ways to Lower Bills] [Contact Us]