Heating bill help from Heat Up St. Louis
Low income, the elderly, and the disabled who live in the St. Louis area, whether in Illinois or Missouri, may be able to get help for paying winter heating bills from a non-profit agency known as Heat-Up St. Louis.
The agency runs a program that helps individuals who have delinquent heating bills and who are facing a crisis. They provide grants during the winter to help pay bills, and they can help turn back on or restore a customers primary heating source.
The low income, working poor, unemployed, and elderly in the St. Louis area turn to this program year after year, and try to get funds to either keep their service on, or pay a heating people that may lead to a disconnection.
The Heat Up St. Louis non-profit agency works with and partners with various local charities and non-profits in the St. Louis area to distribute the emergency funds to the low income in the immediate area.
The agencies they work with, and who to call for help include.
- St. Vincent Depaul 314-531-7837
- HDC 314-613-2200
- Urban League 314-615-3600
- St. Patrick's Center 314-802-0700
- St. Louis County Community Action Agency 314-863-001
- St. Charles County NECAC 636-272-3477
- Lincoln County NECAC 636-528-7604
- Franklin County Loving Hearts 636-390-8300
- St. Genevieve, Iron & Madison Co’s EMAA 573-431-5191
- Warren County NECAC 636-456-8191
- Jefferson County Salvation Army 636-464-0787
- St. Clair County Urban League 618-274-1150
- Madison County Urban League 618-463-1906
- St. Clair County & Southern Illinois Catholic Urban Programs 618-398-5616
- Butler County SCMEOC 573-325-4255